What a view. . .

What a view. . .

Friday, September 26, 2014

Make Your Own PCB Boards

A few years ago I embarked on a project to add remote control functionality to a vintage amplifier of mine (a Kenwood KA-3500).  Sarah and I had gotten tired of having to get up during a movie to turn the volume up or down but my appreciation for vintage audio gear wouldn't let me replace the amplifier.

While working on this project I discovered an easy to use and inexpensive place to get PCB boards made.  It's known as OSH Park and is run by a fellow who lives out on the US west coast (Portland I believe).  He collects individuals' orders (CAD artwork), groups them onto larger panels, and then ships them out to a fab house.  The panels ship back to him, he breaks them down into individual boards, and then ships them back to you.  The boards look fantastic!

I've attached a picture of one of the boards I made using OSH Park's service.

Volume Control Board (2.5" x 2")

OSH Park
https://oshpark.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment